Procurando algo específico?

segunda-feira, 13 de fevereiro de 2012

Oath of Allegiance


Throughout a life of love and pain
Some of my dreams would fade
But it was under the misfortunes
That new values would be made
Foolish fears were torn apart
By the cold war inside me
Its dread showed me exactly
What I've always needed to see

That the most terrifying moments
That I had been through
Were born from the denial
Of what I already knew
The greatest disappointments
That had fallen upon my life
Had their origins within
A very old emotional strife

There had always been two ways
For me to find delight
But little did I know
That one of them wasnt't right
Experience showed me how
To make use of all its lore
And I knew the type of allegiance
That could finally end this war

In order to gather strength
I would have to honor a code
Faith and love would, hand in hand,
Guide me along the road
And so I had found my purpose
A new set of values was born
And that was the day in which
The oath of allegiance was sworn

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário